eMas is a real time process monitoring system.
Its main aim is to make events reach the right person at the right time, using the fastest channel. The right person can then act consequently, taking into account issues such as security, confidentiality and traceability.
eMas main functionality is the management of event resolution:
- Assignment of events to a knowledge area is done automatically, depending on the event’s categorisation.
- Notification of the assignment is done via e-mail, SMS, messaging or any other communications channel.
- Response and resolution times are controled and automatic notifications sent out when these approach the maximum established limits.
- Events arising in all monitored processes are managed via a single dashboard.
- A solutions database allows technical staff to solve complex problems in a controlled manner and to keep the knowledge within the organization, at everybody’s reach.
- eMas implements a database of monitored assets following the ITIL’s CMDB standard.
Service Level Agreements(SLA):
- The system is traceable and auditable, which facilitates its use in the support of Management Systems.
eMas: related documentation
Forthcoming BAM training courses Anti-fraud Security Correlator, an R&D initiative with the support of IMPIVA No news is good news? by Miguel A. Juan eMas in NISA Hospitals
Any incident, register or request is available at any time; this unifies their treatment and management and facilitates their maintenance, increasing efficiency.
Any change on an event is automatically registered, thereby guaranteeing full action traceability.
Quality of Service agreements
Depending on the project to which the event is assigned, a Quality of Service Agreement is defined. This allows monitoring the Quality of Service in specific areas or projects, preventing contractual penalisations.
The use of work notes by different users managing the same incident facilitates communication between areas, services or work shifts.
eMas integrates virtually with any agent or monitoring system, which allows real time monitoring of the organization’s ICT infrastructure in a centralised manner.
eMas includes a complete asset management module (CMDB) that allows inventorying any asset and establishing links between them.
An event can be assigned either to an area or a specific person, so that it is possible to know at any time who is in charge of managing it.
The eMas tool incorporates an online authorisation management system that simplifies the red tape and avoids unnecessary delays.
The solutions database allows the person in charge to validate the solution entered, as well as to perform searches with different criteria.
Each user has access only to those events allowed by his/her access privileges, following a need-to-know philosophy.
Semaphore codes and algorithmic calculation of priorities allow the rapid identification of those problems with a higher importance or criticality.
It is possible to define an unlimited number of “template events”, which allows to specify documental procedures in a pre-established flow of steps; this eases follow up of the event and avoids the involuntary omission of basic actions.
The programmed tasks module allows the automatic generation of events following the parameters specified in their definition.
For each “template event” it is possible to define specific fields that must be filled in by the user on creation or during follow up.
emasWeb is a web interface that allows the user to insert events and requests and to check their state.
eMas incorporates a complete communications system including instant messaging, SMS and email in order to keep technical staff, persons in charge and final users informed of critical events and expiration of SLAs.